Monday, October 6, 2008

Here in Kona - Day 1 - Oct 5th

Sunday - weird - I managed to stay up until 9pm HST (3am EST) - the problem was that i woke up promptly at 12am HST - yep you guessed it - 6am EST. After some tossing and turning i was able to go back to sleep - still tossed for the next 5 hours but got some good rest -
finally got up and went for my 6 mile run at 7:30am - i wanted to wait until the sun was up to get a fell for the heat and humidity early - IT WAS BOTH - hot and humid...

still having trouble holding back - I'm fit - I just now have to be smart...

the town is filling up fast with athletes from all over the world. it's amazing - i see guys flying up and down the road on bikes and running - acting like they are doing speed work - crazy...

I'm ready to get checked in and registered - that doesn't open until Tuesday morning...tomorrow, I'm swimming at 7am and riding right after - we'll see how that goes out here...the water is awesome - clear for 90 ft...

No comments: